Owner and Manager Membership
This membership category is for pharmacists in Part A or Part B in Ontario who are community pharmacy owners or work as managers in a pharmacy setting (except in a hospital).
From: $599.00 / year
Important Membership Notes:
- Owners or managers who are new practitioners (in the first four years of their pharmacy career) may choose the Pharmacist membership category.
- Owners or managers who are 65+ have the option to select the Supporting membership.
- OPA offers a range of valuable benefits for pharmacy owners that are only available as part of the Owners Bundle.
- Hospital pharmacists who work as managers can choose the Pharmacists membership category.
- Professional liability insurance (PLI) is NOT included with membership and needs to be added during the checkout process.
- Membership expires on December 31, 2024.
This is the heading
This is the heading
MAPflow: $50 OFF an annual subscription. Included if you upgrade to Owners Bundle.
Box Labs: Exclusive member pricing. Owners bundle receive 1 year free hardware lease.
This is the heading
This is the heading
Exclusive discounts on a curated bundle of top courses.
Owners Bundle Benefits
Get the best value for your investment with an OPA Owners Bundle membership. Register and receive:
- A full pharmacist membership for 2024 with all included member benefits ($599 value).
- A 2024 annual subscription to MAPfFlow, a powerful minor ailments clinical decision-making and documentation tool ($300 value).
- One year of free Box Labs hardware, a simple seamless solution for inventory management and tracking.
- Access to OPA’s Business Catalyst Services (Complaints Assist, Audit Assist and HR Assist), providing you with timely support for critical business needs ($400 value).
- 2 x $50 Professional Development vouchers to use for yourself, or provide to your staff for their educational needs ($100 value).1
Practice Support Network
OPA membership gives you access to the practice support network (PSN). Get practice or policy questions answered by OPA’s pharmacy expert.
Your Voice for Practice Excellence
OPA provides a unified voice for pharmacy professionals and your membership helps create a stronger impact. Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical as demonstrated by the minor ailments prescribing scope expansion. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create meaningful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests and longevity in mind. Your voice for practice excellence starts here.
Your Gateway to Exceptional Protection
The pharmacy landscape is constantly evolving and OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) keeps up alongside you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the Ontario College of Pharmacy Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the OCP.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
- Tailor-Made: OPA staff, consultants, and the insurance committee oversees the Association’s insurance program for the benefit of members, their property and the protection of patients.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacists.
Pharmacy store related insurance products include retail store, cyber and compounding to protect your valuable assets. Explore products with exceptional coverage for competitive rates.
Your Hub for Valuable Education
Professional Development (PD) helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being a part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work. With numerous PD courses, there are programs to help advance your practice regardless of what stage of your career you’re in.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 80 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Receive a large discount through PD subscriptions— a curated bundle of top OPA courses for pharmacists. Complete the courses throughout the year. Learn more.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.
Your Portal for Personal and Professional Perks
OPA membership benefits provide you with the opportunity for significant savings.
- Unlock exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more with OPA MemberPerks. In 2023 members collectively saved over $150K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- Prioritize your wellbeing with Focus Mental Wellness, offering convenient online video, text, and phone therapy.
- Experience additional benefits for everyday life including Manulife banking, TELUS mobility and GoodLife Fitness.
- Connect with other Association members, engage in timely conversations and stay apprised of the latest updates with the newly-launched NetwoRx, a member-exclusive online community.
- Elevate your practice with exclusive savings on Canadian Red Cross Training, Pharmacist’s Letter Canada, Vigilance Santé and Relief Buddy.
The early-bird bonus for 2024 OPA membership offers a chance to win 1 of the following:
- Apple Watch (3) – valued at approx. $329 ea.
- Ring Doorbell (3) – valued at approx. $195 ea.
- Air Fryer (3) – valued at approx. $159 ea.
- AirPods (3) – valued at approx. $177 ea.
- Honourary and free memberships awarded as a result of other promotions are not eligible
- OPA Staff and Board members are not eligible.
- Draw will be held on Wednesday, December 13 at 4:00 pm.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees for their names to be published across OPA’s communication channels.
- Winners will be contacted by phone and email. If we are unable to reach the winners by close of business day on Wednesday, December 20th, OPA reserves the right to draw for another winner.