Technician and Assistant Membership
Registered pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants, and registered technician students.
Join OPA today and receive 40% off your membership fee. The membership fee does NOT include professional liability insurance (PLI).
Your Ontario Pharmacists Association membership will expire on December 31, 2023.
From: $29.00 for 1 year
Important membership notes:
- Registered technicians must be registered with the OCP.
- Technicians who have completed their program and who are close to registration with the OCP as a Registered Technician (i.e. technician interns) should select the Registered Technicians category so that they are eligible to purchase personal liability insurance.
Benefits of OPA Technician Membership
Raise Advocacy to New Heights
Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical, as demonstrated by minor ailments prescribing. This monumental change will take pharmacy to new levels, and OPA is here to help. Building upon the important role pharmacy technicians played throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, administering COVID and flu vaccines, and helping to alleviate the demand in pharmacies, OPA is advocating for pharmacy technicians to play a greater role in the health care system and patient care. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create impactful change. We advocate for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests in mind. Level up with OPA and join in strengthening the voice of the pharmacy profession.
Rack Savings with Member Discounts
Membership benefits provide you the opportunity to rack savings that can be equal to or greater than your membership fees.
- OPA MemberPerks offers exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more. In 2022 members collectively saved over $15K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- Receive exclusive savings on perks that you can apply in your practice, like Canadian Red Cross Training, and Pharmacy Technician’s Letter Canada.
- Have flexibility and earn extra income by picking up relief shifts through Relief Buddy.
- Plus, there are many other benefits for everyday life, including Manulife banking, TELUS, and GoodLife Fitness.
- To help foster wellbeing, this year we are excited to offer members a new benefit—Focus Mental Wellness, an online video, text, and phone therapy platform.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
Insurance options for today’s pharmacy professionals. During this transformative time in pharmacy, OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) goes above and beyond to protect you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Tailor-Made: OPA staff, consultants, and the Insurance Committee oversee the Association’s Insurance Program. Select from a 2 million or 3 million PLI coverage limit.
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP).
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the OCP Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacy Technicians.
Insurance options to protect you, your loved ones, and your valuables. With newly expanded insurance products, at competitive rates, OPA members can now choose from a wider range of options. Have peace of mind and ensure you are protected when you need it the most. Select from improved term life, secure health, auto and home, and many more insurance products.
Boost Your Professional Development
Professional Development (PD) helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 50 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- OPA LEAD is a member-exclusive initiative created to help early-career pharmacy professionals thrive in their personal and professional lives by covering in-demand topics and connecting them with experts. Learn more.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.