This membership category is for Part A or Part B pharmacists who practice in Ontario.
From: $120.00 for 1 year
Important Membership Notes:
- Pharmacists in the first four years of their careers receive affordable, tiered pricing.
- Hospital pharmacists do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Pharmacists 65+ may select the supporting membership category.
- If you are a pharmacy owner/manager you may wish to choose the Owner/Manager category for additional benefits.
- Professional liability insurance (PLI) is NOT included with membership and needs to be added during the checkout process.
- Membership expires on December 31, 2024.
This is the heading
This is the heading
This is the heading
This is the heading
Practice Support Network (PSN)
OPA membership gives you access to the practice support network (PSN). Get practice or policy questions answered by OPA’s pharmacy expert.
Are you a New Practitioner?
OPA has great membership discounts for pharmacy professionals in the early stages of their careers. The membership fee starts at 80% off for first–year new practitioners.
OPA LEAD is a member-exclusive initiative created to help early-career pharmacy professionals thrive in their personal and professional lives by covering in-demand topics and connecting them with experts.
NetwoRx is a newly-launched online membership community designed specifically for pharmacists like you. The interactive platform allows you to connect with members from across the Association. Start timely discussions, stay up-to-date on industry news and discover resources to empower your practice. Also, the PSN is available on NetwoRx!
In 2024, we are excited to launch the mentorship platform on NetwoRx where you can connect and learn from other pharmacy professionals.
Your Voice for Practice Excellence
OPA provides a unified voice for pharmacy professionals and your membership helps create a stronger impact. Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical as demonstrated by the minor ailments prescribing scope expansion. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create meaningful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests and longevity in mind. Your voice for practice excellence starts here.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
The pharmacy landscape is constantly evolving and OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) keeps up alongside you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the OCP.
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the Ontario College of Pharmacy (OCP) Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
- Tailor-Made: OPA staff, consultants, and the Insurance Committee oversee the Association’s insurance program for the benefit of members, their property and the protection of patients.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacists.
OPA members can select from a wide range of insurance products. With everything from auto and home, travel, and life, select from more insurance products that protect you, your loved ones, and your valuables. Your gateway to exceptional protection starts here.
Your Hub for Valuable Education
Professional Development (PD) helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being a part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work. With numerous PD courses, there are programs to help advance your practice regardless of what stage of your career you’re in.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 80 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Receive a large discount through PD subscriptions— a curated bundle of top OPA courses for pharmacists. Complete the courses throughout the year. Learn more.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.
Your Portal for Personal and Professional Perks
OPA membership benefits provide you with the opportunity for significant savings that can be equal to or greater than your membership fees.
- Unlock exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more with OPA MemberPerks. In 2023 members collectively saved over $150K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- Streamline your pharmacy workflows and processes with the powerful tools, MAPflow and Box Labs. OPA members enjoy savings on both these essential tools.
- Prioritize your wellbeing with Focus Mental Wellness, offering convenient online video, text, and phone therapy.
- Elevate your practice with exclusive savings on Canadian Red Cross Training, Pharmacist’s Letter Canada, Vigilance Santé and Relief Buddy.
- Experience additional benefits for everyday life including Manulife banking, TELUS mobility and GoodLife Fitness.
The early-bird bonus for 2024 OPA membership offers a chance to win 1 of the following:
- Apple Watch (3) – valued at approx. $329 ea.
- Ring Doorbell (3) – valued at approx. $195 ea.
- Air Fryer (3) – valued at approx. $159 ea.
- AirPods (3) – valued at approx. $177 ea.
- Honourary and free memberships awarded as a result of other promotions are not eligible
- OPA Staff and Board members are not eligible.
- Draw will be held on Wednesday, December 13 at 4:00 pm.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees for their names to be published across OPA’s communication channels.
- Winners will be contacted by phone and email. If we are unable to reach the winners by close of business day on Wednesday, December 20th, OPA reserves the right to draw for another winner.