Looking for an exciting summer internship opportunity? Each year, the Ontario Pharmacists Association Pharmacy Student Program offers two undergraduate pharmacy students in Ontario the opportunity to spend four months learning about pharmacy practice from within the largest provincial pharmacy association in Canada.
Student interns will gain experience working with a professional association, and learn about OPA’s role in helping to evolve the practice of pharmacy and improve the health and well-being of patients through quality pharmacy-based care. Through this program, students will:
- Gain hands-on work experience in their chosen field
- Meet and connect with leaders in the profession
- Develop professional skills that will benefit them throughout their career
- Learn more about the many diverse opportunities that exist in pharmacy practice.
This is a four-month paid internship position beginning in May. Successful candidates are expected to complete at least one project in a mutually agreed-upon area of interest and to submit both an interim and final report.
Who can apply
Applications will be accepted from anyone who is:
- Enrolled full-time in the undergraduate pharmacy program at either the University of Toronto’s Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy or the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy
- A second year student of the University of Toronto or a first year student of the University of Waterloo who will begin the first co-op term in the following January
- Be returning to school full-time upon completion of the OPA student program
- Be active in student organizations or in the community
- Legally eligable to work in Canada
For more information, email us.
How to apply
For pharmacy students from the University of Toronto
Applicants must submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the program, career goals, how the OPA internship program will help meet those goals, and what you hope to gain from the program
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- The names, phone numbers, and/or email addresses of two references (professional or academic) who have direct knowledge of your skills and abilities in the field of pharmacy.
Application materials can be sent to OPA by mail at:
OPA Pharmacy Student Program
155 University Ave., Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5G 2J5
Or by email to email@example.com.
All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application. Those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
For pharmacy students from the University of Waterloo
The procedures of the Co-operative Education and Career Action (CECA) at the University of Waterloo for hiring co-op placement for work period from January to April will be followed.