The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) is a program supported by the Ontario government as part of HealthForceOntario. Through this program, healthcare professionals are eligible to receive funding for professional development activities including continuing education courses that are clinically relevant to their practice and improve their knowledge or leadership skills.
The Allied Health Professional Development Fund has been made available once again, for the 2016-17 year.
How to apply
Please visit www.ahpdf.ca to obtain the current application form and application guide.
Please note the following:
- Submit one application form for each program you have attended. No advanced funding is available (i.e., you must submit documentation after course completion).
- You must submit the application form within 90 days of the course completion date, or by March 31, 2017, whichever comes first.
- Ensure you submit all required documentation with your application, including a letter of attendance or a certificate of completion.
- Exam fees are not covered by this fund.
- Pharmacists are encouraged to submit applications for as many programs as they wish; however, the priority is to fund every applicant at least once. Subsequent applications will be approved if funding is available.
Some conditions apply. Please see the AHPDF website for more details.
The Ontario Pharmacists Association strongly encourages all pharmacists who have attended our continuing education programs to apply for funding. While funding is not guaranteed, all OPA continuing education certificate programs are eligible for reimbursement. The use of available funds may determine subsequent reimbursements.
If you have any questions regarding HealthForceOntario’s AHPDF, please contact the fund administrator:
Allied Health Professional Development Fund
5025 Orbitor Drive, Building 4, Suite 200
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y5
Tel: (905) 602-6015
Toll free: 1-866-992-6015
Fax: (905) 602-6012 / (905) 602-6078