As a pharmacy undergraduate student, you are joining a broader community of health professionals who will be right there, alongside you throughout your career. Maintaining an OPA membership will ensure you remain connected. It will also help you deliver the highest possible standard of patient care by giving you access to great discounts on professional development and practice tools. Your OPA membership is the most important investment you can make in this crucial early stage of your career.
Your OPA membership offers you:
- Important News and Updates – OPA provides a variety of important bulletins to members. From medical information, to industry news, to updates about regulatory and practice changes affecting the profession, your OPA membership keeps you in the know.
- Networking Opportunities – The pharmacy profession is a close-knit community of bright and talented healthcare professionals. Seek out mentorship opportunities and rewarding interaction with your peers with discounted admission to our annual conference and other exclusive networking opportunities.
- Continual Professional Development – OPA is the place for thought leadership, and the exchange of new ideas in healthcare. Pharmacists deliver the best possible patient care when they are well informed. Your OPA membership earns you discounted professional development opportunities at every stage of your career, including access to some member-exclusive courses. In addition, members receive deeply discounted registration rates at our annual conference.
- Exclusive Member Bonuses – OPA members receive a variety of great bonuses, from discounts on professional and personal insurance, to reduced rates for gym memberships and mobile plans. In fact, your OPA membership includes hundreds of dollars of annual savings and discounts.
- Advocacy – As you start your career, you can be certain that we are fighting for you, and for all Ontario’s pharmacists. We are the most trusted negotiating partner for the provincial and federal governments, and we work hard to champion your interests on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids and so much more.
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
You may be required to provide proof of enrollment before your application can be processed.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.