We know you work hard at pharmacy school and deserve a break. That's why we're giving you all the tools and resources you need to succeed! We’ve created a new membership package just for students that includes travel protection, technology discounts and tools for helping shape your career -- all for $75* for all undergraduate students:
- Best-in-class insurance - For just $28 (+taxes) a year make sure you are protecting yourself and letting employers know you take professional liability seriously
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and communicate our progress with you regularly through our Prescribing Action newsletter and on the member-only pages of our website.
- PD programs - Save on conference and popular PD such as Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials, Third Party Audits: An Introduction, Personal Branding and Selling What You Can For Your Clients
- Technology discounts - Save on computers and accessories with our new discounts from Dell
- Free PD programs - Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacists, Assessment and Management of Patients with Migraine and Opioid Addictions and Substitution Therapy
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of experts for your most urgent practice questions
- Tools and resources - Discussion and point-of-care tools for use in everyday practice
- Free subscriptions - Receive subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Ontario Pharmacist Magazine and Ontario Pharmacy Technician and email newsletters
- Free online advertising - Search pharmacy jobs use our real-time recruitment tool, ShiftAssist
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
Travel insurance package for pharmacy students – included with your cost of membership!
- Out-of-country medical and trip cancellation coverage
- 60 days travel
- $5 million overall coverage
- Trip cancellation-Up to $5,000 per insured person per trip
- Trip interruption- Up to $2,000 per insured person per trip
- Baggage insurance - Up to $1,000 per insured person per trip.
And, when you’re ready to travel, connect with your own personal travel concierge, Flight Centre, for savings of up to $150!
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
You may be required to provide proof of enrollment, and/or proof of registration with OCP before your application can be processed.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Insurance, other than travel insurance, must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.