Maintain your connection to the pharmacy community with a supporting membership. OPA will keep you in the know as the profession rapidly evolves. Additionally, your supporting membership will provide you with great benefits and discounts.
Here's a look at what a supporting membership provides you with:
- Best-in-class insurance - Extended Reporting Period insurance and personal insurance like health and dental, term life, travel and more (out-of-province members also have access to professional liability and store insurance)
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits like Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and a discount with the American Pharmacists Association
- Free online advertising - Reach targeted audiences with free online classified advertising, and use our real-time recruitment tool ShiftAssist™ to find pharmacy shifts in your area
- Tools and resources - Exclusive access to patient tip sheets and point of care communications to be used at store level
- Advocacy – OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy owners on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and more
- Free subscriptions - Subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, email newsletters on clinical and advocacy updates
- Up to 50% off PD - For out-of-province members and those members who wish to stay up-to-date on pharmacy professional development, save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis, Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials, Injections and Immunizations and The Master Plan for Diabetes
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Group rates and savings - Deep discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
OPA Supporting Memberships include: members over 65 years of age, members who are retired or have resigned, members who are licensed in any jurisdiction in Canada and whose primary address is outside of Ontario and members who meet the criteria for disabled as set out by the OPA insurance plan. For a full list of eligibility requirements, please visit this page.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.