Maintain your connection to the pharmacy community with a supporting membership. OPA will keep you in the know as the profession rapidly evolves. Additionally, your supporting membership will provide you with great benefits and discounts.
In addition to the insurance benefits you receive for you and your family members, your supporting membership also gives you:
- Important News and Updates – OPA provides a variety of important resources for members. From medical information, to industry news, to updates about regulatory and practice changes affecting the profession, your OPA membership keeps you in the know. Tap in to our Practice Advisory Network for real-time assistance with your questions on MedsCheck, long-term care medications management, vaccines and more.
- Exclusive Member Bonuses – OPA members receive a variety of great bonuses, from discounts on professional and personal insurance, to reduced rates for gym memberships. In fact, your OPA membership includes hundreds of dollars of annual savings and discounts.
- Advocacy – We are fighting for the profession of pharmacy in Ontario. We are the most trusted negotiating partner for the provincial and federal governments, and we work hard to champion your interests on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids and so much more. Members also receive a regular advocacy email newsletter, notifying you of our continued efforts with the government.
- Continual Professional Development – Pharmacists deliver the best possible patient care when they are well informed. Your OPA membership earns you discounted professional development opportunities at every stage of your career, including access to some member-exclusive courses. In addition, members receive deeply discounted registration rates at our annual conference.
- Networking Opportunities – Stay a part of the close-knit community of 10,000+ pharmacy professionals. Enjoy rewarding interaction with your peers, discounted conference admission, and many other exclusive networking opportunities.
An OPA membership delivers great value.
Your membership fee for 2018 offers you so much for just $355, and can be purchased online using the buttons below. At the time of purchase, you will also be able to take advantage of savings on insurance.
We’re transforming our profession.
Here’s one more great reason to be an OPA member for 2018: you will be a part of an exciting period of change for pharmacy.
Never before have Ontario pharmacy professionals had such powerful opportunities to improve patient outcomes with technology, increased scope of practice, and up-to-date knowledge. OPA is advocating for you as we embrace and lead this change.
Our 10,000+ community of pharmacy professionals is gaining momentum and energy.
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
OPA Supporting Memberships include: members over 65 years of age, members who are retired or have resigned, members who are licensed in any jurisdiction in Canada and whose primary address is outside of Ontario and members who meet the criteria for disabled as set out by the OPA insurance plan. For a full list of eligibility requirements, please visit this page.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Prefer a PDF form to join?
If you prefer to submit your membership application using a PDF, click here.