You’re entering your career with a unique and expansive range of skills, expertise and academic credentials that will fuel your practice success. By maintaining an OPA membership as you complete your education, you will support the launch of your career with a strong network and critically important professional development resources. Your OPA membership will be the most important investment you can make at this early stage of your career.
For $75*, your OPA membership offers you:
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and communicate our progress with you regularly through our Prescribing Action newsletter and on the member-only pages of our website.
- Free PD programs - Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacists, Assessment and Management of Patients with Migraine and Opioid Addictions and Substitution Therapy
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of experts for your most urgent practice questions
- Tools and resources - Discussion and point-of-care tools for use in everyday practice
- Free subscriptions - Receive subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Ontario Pharmacist Magazine and Ontario Pharmacy Technician and email newsletters
- Free online advertising - Search pharmacy jobs use our real-time recruitment tool, ShiftAssist
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
You may be required to provide proof of enrollment, and/or proof of registration with OCP before your application can be processed.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Insurance must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
For PharmD and Masters: Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.
For Residents and Interns: Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.