A pharmacy owner’s work is never done. We understand this! That’s why we created the OPA Owners Bundle to better support you with the demands of being a pharmacy owner. We play a leading role in expanding the scope of pharmacy practice and are here to equip your team with the information it needs. OPA’s Owners Bundle also provides your entire practice with OPA’s comprehensive DIRC Premium service, Canada’s premium pharmacist-operated drug information service.
An Owners Bundle unpacked means you get the following:
- Best-in-class insurance - Access to a suite of insurance lines including store insurance and personal insurance like health, dental and out-of country emergency medical, term life, and more all at great rates. Add professional liability to your membership for just $50!
- A Premium Subscription to our Drug Information and Resource Centre - Access to DIRC pharmacists to provide you with answers to your most pressing pharmacy questions on everything from drug shortages, substitutions to cannabis, antibiotics and opioids
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of experts to answer your policy and practice questions
- Business services - Access HR Assist™ and Audit Assist™ with your DIRC Premium subscription
- Up to 50% off PD - Save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis, and Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits like Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and a discount with the American Pharmacists Association
- Tools and resources - Exclusive access to patient tip sheets and point of care communications to be used at store level
- Connect with other owners - Exchange ideas and develop solutions to owner-specific challenges and opportunities by networking at our Owners Advisory Council - Independent Caucus
- Advocacy – OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy owners on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and more
- Free subscriptions - Subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, email newsletters on clinical and advocacy updates
- Free online advertising - Reach targeted audiences with free online classified advertising, and access to our real-time recruitment tool, ShiftAssist
- Group rates and savings - Deep discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Your Owners Bundle offers you so much for $1,299, and can be purchased online using the buttons below. Save an additional $50 when buying insurance at the time of membership.
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
- Qualify as a full member of the Ontario Pharmacists Association
- Be the owner of the independent pharmacy named on the DIRC subscription
- Agree to the terms and conditions governing the use of OPA’s DIRC service
- Complete the registration and payment as required
For participation in the Owners Advisory Council - Independent Caucus you must be a pharmacist owner of an active accredited pharmacy in Ontario and have an equity interest over the ability to sell or close the pharmacy business.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Prefer a PDF form to join?
If you prefer to submit your membership application using a PDF, click here.