Your OPA membership will open doors in the early years of your career. Why not draw upon OPA’s many benefits and resources to help shape the future of your profession? This affordable membership connects you to a broad community of pharmacy peers across the province and will help you deliver the highest possible standard of patient care. Take advantage of tools such as Shift Assist™ where you can apply for shifts throughout pharmacies to gain the experience you need for your career.
Have you renewed your DIRC subscription for 2018 yet? Click here to renew now!
Here’s what your membership offers you:
- Continual Professional Development – OPA is the place for thought leadership and the exchange of new ideas in healthcare. Pharmacists deliver the best possible patient care when they are well-informed. Your OPA membership earns you discounted access to leading professional development opportunities at every stage of your career, including access to some member-exclusive courses. In addition, members receive deeply discounted registration rates at our annual conference.
- Networking Opportunities – The pharmacy profession is a close-knit community of bright and talented healthcare professionals. Seek out mentorship opportunities and rewarding interactions with your peers with discounted admission to our annual conference and other exclusive networking opportunities.
- Advocacy – We are fighting for you, and for all Ontario’s pharmacists. We are the most trusted negotiating partner for the provincial and federal governments, and we work hard to champion your interests on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids and so much more. Members also receive a regular advocacy email newsletter, notifying you of our continued efforts with the government. Members help shape these efforts by electing Directors to our Board, and are kept up to date with a regular advocacy email newsletter, notifying you of our continued efforts with the government.
- Important News and Updates – OPA provides a variety of important resources for members. From medical information, to industry news, to updates about regulatory and practice changes affecting the profession, your OPA membership keeps you in the know. Tap in to our Practice Advisory Network for real-time assistance with your questions on MedsCheck, long-term care medications management, vaccines and more.
- Exclusive Member Bonuses – OPA members receive a variety of valuable bonuses, from discounts on professional and personal insurance, to reduced rates for gym memberships. In fact, your OPA membership includes hundreds of dollars of annual savings and discounts, and virtually pays for itself through these savings.
An OPA membership delivers great value.
Your membership fee for 2018 offers you so much for just $240, and can be purchased online using the buttons below. At the time of purchase, you will also be able to take advantage of savings on insurance.
We’re transforming our profession.
Here’s one more great reason to be an OPA member for 2018: you will be a part of an exciting period of change for pharmacy.
Never before have Ontario pharmacy professionals had such powerful opportunities to improve patient outcomes with technology, increased scope of practice, and up-to-date knowledge. OPA is advocating for you as we embrace and lead this change.
Our 10,000+ community of pharmacy professionals is gaining momentum and energy.
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
In order to qualify as a second-year new practitioner, you must have been a first-year new practitioner in 2017.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Prefer a PDF form to join?
If you prefer to submit your membership application using a PDF, click here.