Your OPA membership will open doors in the early years of your career. Why not draw upon OPA’s many benefits and resources to help shape the future of your profession? This affordable membership connects you to a broad community of pharmacy peers across the province and will help you deliver the highest possible standard of patient care. Take advantage of tools such as Shift Assist™ where you can apply for shifts throughout pharmacies to gain the experience you need for your career.
The membership fee for new practitioners in their second year of practice is $240*.
Here’s what your membership offers you:
- Best-in-class insurance - Professional liability, store insurance and personal insurance like health and dental, out-of country emergency medical, term life, and more all at great rates.
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy owners on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and more
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of pharmacy experts to answer your practice questions on policy and legislation changes
- Up to 50% off PD - Save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis, and Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits like Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and a discount with the American Pharmacists Association
- Tools and resources - Exclusive access to patient tip sheets and point-of-care tools to be used at store level
- Free subscriptions - Subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, email newsletters on clinical and advocacy updates
- Free online advertising - Reach targeted audiences with free online classified advertising
- Group rates and savings - Deep discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
In order to qualify as a second-year new practitioner, you must have been a first-year new practitioner in 2018.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Insurance must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.