You are entering a challenging, fulfilling career in pharmacy. Your OPA membership prepares you for success by connecting you to a broader community of peers and mentors, discounts on professional development and access to tools and resources such as Shift Assist™ where you can apply for shifts throughout pharmacies to gain the experience you need for your career.
In order to qualify as a new practitioner, you must have been a student member in 2017. You may also be asked to show proof of pre-registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
Specifically, your membership offers you:
- Best-in-class insurance - Professional liability, store insurance and personal insurance like health and dental, out-of country emergency medical, term life, and more all at great rates.
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of pharmacy experts to answer your practice questions on policy and legislation changes
- Up to 50% off PD - Save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis, and Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits like Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and a discount with the American Pharmacists Association
- Tools and resources - Exclusive access to patient tip sheets and point-of-care tools to be used at store level
- Advocacy – OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy owners on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and more
- Free subscriptions - Subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, email newsletters on clinical and advocacy updates
- Free online advertising - Reach targeted audiences with free online classified advertising
- Group rates and savings - Deep discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
In order to qualify as a new practitioner, you must have been a student member in 2017 (undergraduate, intern and IPG only). You may be required to provide proof of enrollment before your membership application can be approved. You may also need to show proof of registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.