You’re entering your career with a unique and expansive range of skills, expertise and academic credentials that will fuel your practice’s success. By maintaining an OPA membership as you complete your education, you will support the launch of your career with a strong network and critically important professional development resources. Your OPA membership will be the most important investment you can make in this early stage of your career.
For just $75*, your OPA membership offers you:
- Best-in-class insurance - For just $55 (+taxes) a year make sure you are protecting yourself and letting employers know you take professional liability seriously
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and communicate our progress with you regularly through our Prescribing Action newsletter and on the member-only pages of our website.
- PD programs - Save on conference and popular PD such as Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials, Third Party Audits: An Introduction, Personal Branding and Selling What You Can For Your Clients
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of experts for your most urgent practice questions.
- Tools and resources - Discussion and point-of-care tools for use in everyday practice.
- Free subscriptions - Receive subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Ontario Pharmacist Magazine and Ontario Pharmacy Technician and email newsletters.
- Free online advertising - Search pharmacy jobs use our real-time recruitment tool, ShiftAssist.
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more.
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
You must be enrolled at the International Pharmacy Graduate (IPG) program at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto.
A code must be obtained from your IPG registration office prior to joining.
Insurance must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Click here to download the 2019 Membership Form.