As a hospital pharmacist, you are driven by a strong commitment to helping patients. An important part of your patients’ medical team, we are here to equip you to deliver the highest standard of patient care possible.
Specifically, your membership offers you:
- Best-in-class insurance - Professional liability, store insurance and personal insurance such as health and dental, out-of country emergency medical, term life, and more all at great rates.
- Up to 50% off PD programs - Save on conference and popular PD programs such as Assessing and Prescribing for Minor Ailments and The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacist's Guide to Cannabis
- Free PD - Access online programs such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Assessment and Treatment in Patients with Migraine and more
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of pharmacists for your most urgent questions on policy changes, drug shortages, cannabis and more
- Influence policy direction - Help shape the pharmacy profession
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits including Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and discounts on membership with the American Pharmacists Association
- Tools and resources - Discussion and point-of-care tools for use in everyday practice
- Free subscriptions - Receive subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, and email newsletters
- Free online advertising - Search and post pharmacy jobs and use our real-time recruitment tool. ShiftAssist
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
You may be required to submit proof of employment, if it cannot be confirmed through the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Prefer a PDF form to join?
If you prefer to submit your membership application using a PDF, click here.