Dedication to your patients drives your practice. Your OPA membership will help you deliver higher standards of patient care and become the most informed and knowledgeable pharmacist you can be. To be eligible for this category, you must be a fully licenced pharmacist registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists and live in Ontario.
For 2019, the membership fee for full pharmacists has been frozen at $595*.
Here’s what your full pharmacist membership gives you:
- Best-in-class insurance - Professional liability, store insurance and personal insurance like health and dental, out-of country emergency medical, term life, and more all at great rates
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy owners on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and more
- Up to 50% off PD - Save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis, Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials, Injections and Immunizations and The Master Plan for Diabetes
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to PD such as Biologics and Biosimilars - An Introductory Education Program for Pharmacy, Take-home Naloxone and Assessment and Treatment of Patients with Migraine
- Free associate memberships - Access to Canadian Pharmacists Association benefits like Therapeutic Highlights, webinars and a discount with the American Pharmacists Association
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of experts for support on your most urgent practice questions on policy changes, drug shortages and sharing your concerns with our advocacy team
- Tools and resources - Exclusive access to patient tip sheets and point-of-care tools to be used at store level
- Free subscriptions - Subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine, and email newsletters
- Free online advertising - Post and search for pharmacy jobs
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
This membership is only available to fully licenced pharmacists registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) and living in the province of Ontario. For a list of all membership types, visit www.OPAmembership.ca
Are you a pharmacy owner?
If so, you will definitely want to check out the potential savings you get from our special Owners Bundle, which includes OPA DIRC Premium access for your entire team, and participation in the special Owners Advisory Council.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Insurance must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.