To save hundreds of dollars on education, insurance and entertainment by accessing limited benefits and preferred group rates that are exclusive to OPA, you must be an OPA member. To make your single most valuable investment, click here.
Education and Practice
Members can take advantage of discounts on these popular offerings:
- Discounted registration for the annual OPA Conference, save the date for next year’s conference to be held in Toronto in conjunction with Canadian Pharmacists Association from June 2-5, 2019. As an OPA member, you’ll save hundreds of dollars off your conference registration depending on your membership category.
- Three different types of PD Bundles saving you up to $300: PD Clinical Bundle, PD Operational Bundle, Pharmacy Technician Bundle.
- Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) Associate Membership, provides access to popular products, services and education, including an advocacy roundup, subscription to Canadian Pharmacist Journal (full pharmacists only), therapeutic highlights continuing education and more.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA), up to 50% off membership rates
- Canadian Red Cross training, up to 35% off registration
- Access to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus, offering objective comparisons for optimal drug therapy
- Networking opportunities and emerging pharmacy communities of interest
- Access to a team of experts to answer practice and policy questions through the Practice Support Network. Stay current on policies that impact your profession, and receive expert advice to help guide your practice.
OPA members also take advantage of savings on popular insurance products when they purchase a membership. We offer competitive savings and coverage on plans for:
- Pharmacy (store)
- Professional liability
- Student accident
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Business expense disability
- Critical illness
- Health and dental
- Auto and home
- Long-term disability
- Term life
More detailed information about OPA insurance plans can be found here.
An OPA membership drives your career forward with:
- Job postings and classifieds
- Access to Shift Assist™ where you can apply for shifts throughout pharmacies to gain the experience you need for your career
Savings on great entertainment destinations for you and your family. OPA provides group discounts for:
- Falls Avenue Resort, hotel and waterpark packages starting at $129
- Canada's Wonderland, discounted ticket prices
- Ripley's Aquarium Canada, discounted ticket prices
- Ontario Science Centre, 20% off general admissions and IMAX Films
- Royal Ontario Museum, 20% off admission
- Wet 'n' Wild, discounted ticket prices
- CNE, discounted ticket prices
Membership offers savings on getting where you need to go:
- VIA Rail Canada, 5% discount every time you travel with VIA
- Travel Affinity Program, travel deals anywhere, anytime on hotels and car rentals
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car, 5% discount on bookings, preferred customer status, Corporate Class Line, no additional driver/under age driver surcharges
- Personal Travel Concierge - Flight Centre and the Ontario Pharmacists Association have teamed up to offer you exclusive travel deals. Save time and money getting to your dream destination!
- Travel insurance for undergraduate students
Your OPA membership offers even more bonuses that fit your lifestyle, like:
- Dell Member Purchase Program
- GoodLife Fitness Centres membership, $429 (plus applicable taxes) annual fee, towel service, all club access, and more.
- TELUS Mobility, exclusive member rate plan starting at $60 per month (estimated value of $95 per month)
- Mercedes-Benz, discounted pricing on vehicles
- Monster Mortgage, preferred group rates