To save hundreds of dollars on education, insurance and entertainment by accessing limited benefits and preferred group rates that are exclusive to OPA, you must be an OPA member. To make your single most valuable investment, click here.
Education and Practice
Members can take advantage of discounts on these popular offerings:
- Discounted registration for the annual OPA Conference, save the date for next year’s conference to be held in Toronto in conjunction with Canadian Pharmacists Association from June 2-5, 2018. As an OPA member, you’ll save hundreds of dollars off your conference registration depending on your membership category.
- Access to 10 exciting online courses in Pharmacy Hot Topics with the professional development bundle added to your membership for an additional $249 (plus tax). These are key programs that every pharmacy professional needs to take for the year.
- Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) Associate Membership, provides access to popular products, services and education, including a weekly advocacy roundup, subscription to Canadian Pharmacist Journal (full pharmacists only), therapeutic highlights continuing education and more.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA), up to 50% off membership rates
- Canadian Red Cross training, up to 35% off registration
- Pharmacist’s Letter Canada subscription for $125.10
- Pharmacy Technician’s Letter Canada subscription for $69.30
- Access to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus, offering objective comparisons for optimal drug therapy
- Networking opportunities and emerging pharmacy communities of interest
- Access to a team of experts to answer practice and policy questions through the Practice Support Network. Stay current on policies that impact your profession, and receive expert advice to help guide your practice.
OPA members also take advantage of savings on popular insurance products when they purchase a membership. We offer competitive savings and coverage on plans for:
- Pharmacy (store)
- Professional liability
- Student accident
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Business expense disability
- Critical illness
- Health and dental
- Home and auto
- Long-term disability
- Term life
More detailed information about OPA insurance plans can be found here.
Your membership includes access to leading health assessment services, like the Ontario Pharmacy Support Program, which provides support to pharmacists for mental health and substance use issues.
An OPA membership drives your career forward with:
- Job postings and classifieds
- Access to Shift Assist™ where you can apply for shifts throughout pharmacies to gain the experience you need for your career
Savings on great entertainment destinations for you and your family. OPA provides group discounts for:
- Falls Avenue Resort, hotel and waterpark packages starting at $129
- Canada's Wonderland, discounted ticket prices
- Ripley's Aquarium Canada, discounted ticket prices
- Ontario Science Centre, 20% off general admissions and IMAX Films
- Royal Ontario Museum, 20% off admission
- Wet 'n' Wild, discounted ticket prices
- CNE, discounted ticket prices
Membership offers savings on getting where you need to go:
- VIA Rail Canada, 5% discount every time you travel with VIA
- Travel Affinity Program, travel deals anywhere, anytime on hotels and car rentals
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car, 5% discount on bookings, preferred customer status, Corporate Class Line, no additional driver/under age driver surcharges
Your OPA membership offers even more bonuses that fit your lifestyle, like:
- GoodLife Fitness Centres membership, $429 (plus applicable taxes) annual fee, towel service, all club access, and more.
- Real estate savings program, work with award winning realtors, receive guaranteed print advertising, cash back, and more. 10% cash back on commission.
- TELUS Mobility, exclusive member rate plan starting at $60 per month (estimated value of $95 per month)
- Mercedes-Benz, discounted pricing on vehicles
- Monster Mortgage, preferred group rates