As a pharmacy assistant, you enjoy a rewarding career of helping patients. Your membership helps you deliver the highest possible standard of patient care and prepares you to be as informed and knowledgeable as possible.
The 2019 membership fee for pharmacy assistants has been frozen at $75*!
Here’s what your membership offers you:
- Best-in-class insurance - personal and professional insurance needs specific to pharmacy technicians -- up to 40% off when auto and home insurance are purchased together
- Advocacy - OPA is the most trusted negotiating partner in pharmacy. We champion the interests of pharmacy on funding, scope of practice, cannabis, opioids, business practices and communicate our progress with you regularly through our Prescribing Action newsletter and on the member-only pages of our website.
- Practice Support Network - Access to a team of pharmacy experts to answer your practice questions on policy and legislation changes
- Up to 50% off PD - Save on conference and PD such as The Ins and Outs of Marijuana: A Pharmacists's Guide to Cannabis
- Free PD programs - Free, on-demand access to Take-home Naloxone, Opioid Addictions and Substitution Therapy and more
- Tools and resources - Discussion and point-of-care tools for use in everyday practice
- Free subscriptions - Receive subscriptions to RxFiles and RxFiles Plus (app), Canadian Pharmacists Journal, Ontario Pharmacist Magazine and Ontario Pharmacy Technician and email newsletters
- Free online advertising - Search pharmacy jobs use our real-time recruitment tool, ShiftAssist
- Group rates and savings - Discounts with Telus, VIA, GoodLife, Mercedes Benz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Canadian Red Cross Certification and more
- And, new this year -- travel concierge services exclusive to OPA members with Flight Centre
Here are a few last things you may need to know:
If you have an existing OPA web login, but are not currently a member, please use the “renew” link above rather than “join”.
Need a different membership type?
If you have ended up on this page but need to purchase for a different website category, please visit www.OPAmembership.ca to make your selection.
Insurance must be purchased separately.
HST to be added to cost of membership.
Click here to download the 2019 Membership form.