The Ontario Pharmacists Association's Drug Information and Resource Centre (DIRC) is committed to providing the highest level of customer service to our subscribers. As such, the following policies govern how we handle incoming calls to our Contact Centre.
- The DIRC Contact Centre shall accept calls from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (ET) from Monday to Friday.
- Calls received by DIRC will be placed in queue for the first available pharmacist.
- All calls received by DIRC during regular hours of operation will be answered live or be picked up from voicemail and acknowledged within four business hours of receipt of the message.
- If none of the DIRC pharmacists is available, the caller will be redirected to a voice mailbox where they will be given an option to leave a message. The caller will be prompted to leave their name, contact number, and details regarding their query.
- Any messages that are left after 8 p.m. (ET), or on weekends or statutory holidays, will be acknowledged and/or responded to on the next business day before 12 p.m.
- Due to unpredictable call volumes, questions from a subscriber may not be answered immediately, although every effort will be made to do so. If the DIRC pharmacist needs to verify or search for information that may take more than several minutes, the DIRC pharmacist will ask the caller for permission to call the subscriber back at their location or at an alternate number (to be provided by the subscriber).
- For situations where the DIRC pharmacist needs to return a call, the DIRC pharmacist will first determine the urgency of the situation with the caller, and the DIRC pharmacist and caller will mutually agree upon an approximate call back time.