OPA provides opportunities at local, provincial and national levels to volunteer and network with other pharmacy professionals at every stage of a pharmacy career. Network at events as you grow your career, and take advantage of opportunities to get involved with your profession.
5 Ways that You Can Get Involved with Your Profession and OPA:
- Talk to us about supporting our advocacy work with government. We frequently call on members to provide patient stories that can help provide context in a government committee meeting, or support for media interviews.
- Meet with your local government representatives. Help support our five pharmacy advocacy pillars. Meet with your local government representatives and share the stories of pharmacy that you see everyday (maintaining patient privacy, of course). OPA is happy to provide you with support material that you can share with your local government representatives.
- Looking for professional development in your backyard? We have Continuing Education Coordinators scattered right across Ontario to keep you apprised of what's coming to your region. Email us at email@example.com to connect with your local representative today.
- Looking to get published? Submit an article for the Ontario Pharmacist magazine for consideration. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in surveys and webinars. Watch for our surveys and webinars -- and be sure to participate. We welcome your feedback and thoughts - your insights may possibly help support your work and that of your colleagues across the province.