The Ontario Pharmacists Association has heard from pharmacists – both members and non-members – over the past number of years who have asked the Association to help give a bigger voice to staff pharmacists in Ontario. The Staff Pharmacist Caucus is the next step toward making those voices heard by OPA and by other pharmacy stakeholders.
The goal: engage staff pharmacists in a lively, productive discussion about what’s happening in the profession, and how OPA can support all pharmacists while continuing to advocate for the expansion of pharmacy practice.
- It's a chance to learn more about OPA, it’s activities and it’s advocacy priorities as they relate to staff pharmacists.
- You will have an opportunity to play a central role in helping OPA set its advocacy agenda for 2016 and beyond.
- It's a chance to have your voice heard on key issues affecting staff pharmacists in Ontario.
- You have the opportunity to be nominated to represent the caucus on OPA’s Pharmacists' Practice Committee.
- There is no additional cost to join – all eligible OPA members can join the caucus and there is no limit to the number caucus members in any given year.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to join the Staff Pharmacist Caucus, please send us your name, OPA number, daytime phone number and email address.
- be a current pharmacist member of OPA
- be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- be a staff pharmacist who is currently working full- or part-time in a community setting in Ontario
The caucus meets quarterly and is tasked with providing insight and advice to the staff pharmacist members on OPA’s Board of Directors on topics of importance to staff pharmacists, including: best practices, advances in patient care, patient counselling, managing expanded scope services, and more.
Meetings may take place in person or online. RSVP is required for each meeting.