Together we can navigate the changes that our industry is facing.
Today’s pharmacist is facing a rapidly changing practice environment — from tougher economics on drug distribution and dispensing, to rapidly expanding opportunities to provide more of the direct patient care that both payors and patients want and need. That’s why OPA needs pharmacy owners at the table to help us.
To date, more than 100 independent and 10 chains/banner caucus members have joined the Owners Advisory Council. Their mandate: advise the Board on matters related to pharmacy economics, to direct economic-related research and policy work done by OPA staff. To do this, two representatives from within the Council (one from each caucus) have been elected to sit as members of the OPA Board of Directors for a two year, renewable term.
Responsibilities of Owners Advisory Council members
The members of OPA's Owners Advisory Council:
- Will be responsive to the issues of the day
- Will anticipate emerging and future issues, and will recommend plans to address them
- Will build on the strength and trust of other pharmacy owners organizations
- Will have effective two way communication with the OPA Board through OPA Board members selected by the Council
- Will bring issues (with recommended solutions and actions) to the OPA Board agenda as it sees the need
How to get involved
Independent pharmacy owners interested in joining the OPA Owners Advisory Council should complete and submit an application form.
Want more information on the Owners Advisory Council?
Email OPA or contact one of the Owners Advisory Council representatives to OPA’s Board:
Owners Advisory Council Representative (Independent Caucus)
Corporate Caucus Representative (Vacant)
Owners Advisory Council Representative (Corporate Caucus)