Please note that this course is included in the OPA Clinical Bundle.
Pharmacists should register for the online-only program if they are looking to refresh their knowledge on injections and immunizations through online learning modules.
Pharmacists who need to complete an Ontario College of Pharmacists approved course to become an injection trained pharmacist should enroll in the Injection and Immunization Certificate Program.
CEU: Not accredited program
- Adverse drug events to immunizations – 20 minutes (Please note that this presentation is a part of the ‘Delivering a comprehensive pharmacy-based vaccines program’)
- Immunization myths – 40 minutes
- Aseptic techniques and best practices – 30 minutes
- Needle stick injuries – 20 minutes
- How to set up a flu clinic – 21 minutes
- Lessons learned from previous flu clinics – 7 minutes
- Universal Influenza Immunization Program – frequently asked questions – 12 minutes
- Daniel Thirion, B.Pharm., M.Sc., Pharm.D., FCSHP
- John Papastergiou, B.Sc, B.ScPhm
- Karen Riley, BScPhm, Pharm D, BCPS, CGP, BCACP, CDE
- Karen Church, BScPhm, RPh
- Kim Dias, BScN, MScN
- Kimberly Miller, RN, MScN
- Lorraine Grypstra, BScN, Bed, RN
- Dr. Neil Rau, MD, FRCPC
- Natalie McLeish, BScPhm, PharmD, ACPR
- Marshall Moleschi, BScPhm
To receive a letter of completion for this program, participants will be required to complete the following by September 26, 2019:
1. Complete the program’s online components (instructions will be emailed to you upon registration)
2. Successfully complete the reflective exercise and evaluation
Please note that it takes 5-7 business days to mark the reflective exercise.
Please note that Injections and Immunization Refresher Program is not accredited, therefore no CEUS will be given.
Inquiries: Please contact OPA’s professional development team by phone at 416-441-0788, option 3 (toll-free in Ontario at 1-877-341-0788, option 3), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation policy: Requests for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than five days after access to the program has been emailed to you. A $30 (+HST) administration and processing fee will apply for programs equal or more than $129 (before HST). A $5 (+HST) administration and processing fee will apply for programs less than $129 (before HST). Cancellations will not be permitted once log-in to access the program material has been initiated. Program registration fees will not be refunded after the cancellation deadline.
Protecting your privacy: Your privacy is important to us. Some information you provide to OPA in program registration forms and exercises may be considered personal information. The Association collects, uses, and shares the information contained in program registration forms and exercises for the sole purposes of processing your registration, issuing certificates/letters of completion, awarding continuing education credits, and delivering OPA services, programs, and publications to you.
Learners’ code of conduct: By registering for an OPA education program, you agree to follow OPA’s Learners’ Code of Conduct. For further details click here.