Pharmacists should register for the online-only program if they are looking to refresh their knowledge about injections and immunizations through online learning modules.
Pharmacists needing to complete an Ontario College of Pharmacists approved course to become an injection trained pharmacist should enroll in the Injection and Immunization Certificate Program.
Number of Continuing Education Units
This is not an accredited program
Sept 6, 2020
- Adverse immunization drug events – 20 minutes (Note: this presentation is a part of the Delivering a Comprehensive Pharmacy-Based Vaccines Program)
- Immunization myths – 40 minutes
- Aseptic techniques and best practices – 30 minutes
- Needle stick injuries – 20 minutes
- How to set up a flu clinic – 21 minutes
- Lessons learned from previous flu clinics – 7 minutes
- Universal Influenza Immunization Program – FAQ – 12 minutes
Subject Matter Experts
- Daniel Thirion, B.Pharm., M.Sc., Pharm.D., FCSHP
- John Papastergiou, B.Sc, B.ScPhm
- Karen Riley, BScPhm, Pharm D, BCPS, CGP, BCACP, CDE
- Karen Church, BScPhm, RPh
- Kim Dias, BScN, MScN
- Kimberly Miller, RN, MScN
- Lorraine Grypstra, BScN, Bed, RN
- Dr. Neil Rau, MD, FRCPC
- Natalie McLeish, BScPhm, PharmD, ACPR
- Marshall Moleschi, BScPhm
To receive a letter of completion for this program, participants must complete the following by September 6, 2020:
- Complete the program’s online components (instructions will be emailed to you upon registration)
- Successfully complete the reflective exercise and evaluation
Note: it takes 5–7 business days to mark the reflective exercise.
The Injections and Immunization Refresher Program is not accredited, therefore no CEUS will be given.
Inquiries: Please contact OPA’s professional development team by phone at 416-441-0788, option 3 (toll-free in Ontario at 1-877-341-0788, option 3), or by email at email@example.com.
Cancellation policy: Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five days after access to the program has been emailed to you. A $30 (+HST) administration and processing fee will apply for programs costing $129 or more (before HST). A $5 (+HST) administration and processing fee will apply for programs costing less than $129 (before HST). Cancellations will not be permitted once log-in to access the program material has been initiated. Program registration fees will not be refunded after the cancellation deadline
Protecting your privacy: Your privacy is important to us. Some information you provide in program registration forms and exercises may be considered personal information. OPA collects, uses, and shares the information contained in program registration forms and exercises to process your registration; issue certificates of completion; award continuing education credits; and deliver OPA services, programs, and publications to you.
Learners’ code of conduct: By registering for an OPA education program, you agree to follow OPA’s Learners’ Code of Conduct. For further details, click here.