Effective September 1, community pharmacists who provide smoking cessation services to Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) patients, will be eligible to receive funding for their expertise and professional services in this area. The various templates and reporting forms required by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for processing of smoking cessation claims can be found below.
- Pharmacist Fact Sheet – Smoking Cessation Program
- Appendix A: The 5 A's Algorithm
- Readiness Assessment
- First Quit Consultation Meeting and My Quit Plan
- Primary Follow-up Counselling Session 1–3
- Secondary Follow-up Counselling Sessions 4–7
- Program Evaluation
- Frequently Asked Questions for Pharmacists
An overview of the pharmacy-based smoking cessation is available for members only.
To assist your patients in their courageous attempt to quit smoking, please review the following tools and supplementary information.